The interior of this cottage is stunning. The UPPER FLOOR loft area contains a bedroom with queen bed and 3 piece bathroom where you can relax in the tub looking out at the trees through the skylight. It also has a sitting area which contains a 32 inch flat screen TV with Satellite & PVR, couch, chairs & 2nd skylight. The MAIN FLOOR contains a bedroom with double bed, high ceiling living room area with windows on 3 sides providing great views, 2 couches, 3 lounge chairs, a beautiful new cast iron propane fireplace, 3 piece bathroom with shower, and fully equipped kitchen & 8 person dining area with sliding glass doors to the deck. The LOWER FLOOR contains a bedroom with double bed, recreational room with a walkout, lounge chairs, couch, desk & chair, double size fold down futon, a 50 inch full motion wall mounted TV, Playstation 2 with video games, and DVD player with movies. There is also an abundance of windows throughout the cottage to enjoy natural light.
CLICK HERE for more photos.
The gated deck on 3 sides allows you the choice of sun or shade. Enjoy your morning coffee or a BBQ’d meal on the patio set with covered canopy or 2 slider deck chairs while looking out onto the lake. Enjoy roasting marshmallows or looking at the stars or moon in the evenings around the fire pit. The 16' X 16' dock contains a canoe and 4 muskoka chairs and can easily accommodate a boat if you wish to bring or rent one. A kayak is also supplied. In addition to having great swimming, our lake is also well known for having great fishing. Your family will never come up empty whether you enjoy jumping off the dock, catching a prize bass, northern pike, trout or little sun fish, watching and listening to the loons, or just relaxing at the dock in the sun…fun will be had by all.
Deluxe BBQ (propane supplied), Dishwasher, Fridge, Flat Top Stove, Oven, Microwave, Zwilling Pot Set, Henckels Knife Block Set, Corningware, Coffee Maker, Kettle, Fully Stocked & Equipped Kitchen, Drinking Water - Fresh from a Well, Cast Iron Propane Fireplace, Telephone, Great Internet, Cell Service. Pillows, comforters, quilts, blankets and kitchen linens are also supplied.
Entertainment: 32” & 50” TV's, Satellite with PVR, DVD Player, Stereo, Playstation 2 with Video Games, Movies, Board Games, Cards, Puzzles, Books, Fire Pit (wood supplied), Canoe, Kayak, Swim Noodles, Swimming, Fishing, Hiking, Boating
BONUS: Cottage Conveniently Located - Nearest Town for All Amenities (Bancroft) is only 15 mins away. Bancroft has a full range of stores - coffee shops, fine dining / casual dining or fast food restaurants, Bakery, 2 Grocery Stores, Retail Stores, Antique shops and many unique Specialty Gift Shops etc.
The town of Bancroft is known as the “Mineral Capital of Canada” and has won a “Most Talented Town” contest.
Located in Central Ontario, approximately 3 hrs NE of Toronto, 2-1/2 hrs NW of Ottawa, and 1-1/2 hrs N of Peterborough.
Baptiste Lake is part of a 36 mile lake chain with access to Benoir and Elephant Lake. As it has a variety of shallow and deep areas, it offers some of the area’s best fishing (Northern Pike, Lake Trout, Small & Largemouth Bass, Muskie etc.)). It is also a great lake for boating and swimming as there is an abundance of open area and not many boats on any one area of the lake at any time.
Boat Launch Locations & Boat Rentals (Motorized) - On Lake
- Public Boat Launch: 5 minute drive away (Dock Road, Hastings Highlands, just off South Baptiste Lake Road)
- Baptiste Lake Marina: 8 minute drive away, Boat Launch, Motorized Boat Rentals (613-332-1233)
- Birch Cliff: 6 minute drive away, Motorized Boat Rentals (613-332-3316)
Water Toy Rentals (Non-Motorized) Options – On Lake & In Town
- Bancroft Go Green (located in Bancroft – 15 min. drive): Canoes, Kayaks, SUP - Stand Up Paddle Boards, (613) 202-2077, www.bancroftgogreen.ca/ (delivery available)
- Trips & Trails Adventure Outfitting (located in Bancroft – 15 min. drive): Canoes, Kayaks, SUP (Stand Up Paddle Boards), (613) 332-1969, www.tripsandtrails.ca/ (delivery available)
- Baptiste Lake Marina (located on Baptiste Lake - about a 8 min. drive away): Large Floatation Waterlily Pad, Canoes, Kayaks, SUP - Stand Up Paddle Boards (613-332-1233)
- Algonquin Provincial Park - about an hour away provides hiking opportunities through kilometre after kilometre of beautiful forest and outdoor scenery. Visitor Center, Logging Museum, Wild Life, etc., algonquinpark.on.ca
Note: April or May or Dusk / Dawn are the best times to see “Moose”
- Egan Chutes Waterfall (Egan Chutes Provincial Park) - CLICK HERE for directions
- The North Hastings Fish Hatchery, fishhatchery.ca
- The Art Gallery of Bancroft, artgallerybancroft.ca
- Bancroft Mineral Museum - bancroftontario.com/bancroft-mineral-museum/
- The Princess Sodalite Mine Rock Shop & Farm, princesssodalitemine.ca
- The Gut Conservation Area – beautiful gorge around 30 meters high with walking trails, a lookout, and a stairway down to the gorge -https://ontarioconservationareas.ca/component/mtree/conservation-authorities/crowe-valley/the-gut-conservation-area?Itemid=
- North Hastings Heritage Museum - bancroftnhheritagemuseum.ca
- Rockhound Gemboree - Gem & Mineral Show - August long weekend - https://www.bancroftontario.com/rockhound-gemboree/
- Forest & WildLife Reserve Tours, haliburtonforest.com
- Visit Bancroft’s own Brewery and try a free sample: Bancroft Brewing Company, bancroftbrew.ca
- Kawartha Dairy Bancroft – 50+ flavours kawarthadairy.com/bancroft/
- Bancroft’s coffee shops, fine dining / casual dining restaurants, bakery, grocery stores, retail stores, antique shops, and many unique speciality gift shops etc.
- Pamper yourself at Bancroft's luxury Day & Well-Being Spa, grailsprings.com/spa-and-healing
- Enjoy concerts, small performances, summer musicals at The "Village Playhouse" theatre, bancroftvillageplayhouse.square.site (Feb – Dec)
- Enjoy the easy, moderate or difficult “hiking trails” and lookouts in Bancroft’s Eagle's Nest Park, bancrofteaglesnestpark.com/index.html
- Madawaska White Water Rafting – about an hour away, offers a Family and Adventure rafting trip down the Madawaska River (Mondays to Thursdays only). Runs mid-June to end-Aug. https://www.mkc.ca (Madawaska Kanu Centre)
- Enjoy the nearby ATV Trails. With the Hastings Heritage 156 km Trail that follows an old abandoned railway line, Bancroft is known as a “hotspot” for ATVing. The trail offers an adventurous mix of terrain for ATV enthusiasts. Bancroft even has a by-law permitting ATVs on the roadways. https://www.northernontario.travel/atving/great-riding-in-bancroft
- Kayak / Canoe River Trip: Take a ½ day or full day river trip by kayak/canoe down the York River & enjoy your lunch on the way, tripsandtrails.ca
- Outdoor Adventure Tours – Canoe, Kayak, Hike, Bike Tours tripsandtrails.ca
- Bancroft & Area “Autumn” Local Artist Studio Tours (Last 2 weekends in Sept) provides a great opportunity to tour North Hastings during the Autumn colours season and meet, view and purchase artists creations (potters, painters, wood, stone, glass, mosaic artists etc.) in their own studios bancroftstudiotour.org
“The moment we saw the welcome note and bottle of wine we thought we were going to have a special week. And we weren’t disappointed! Appreciated your help in finding local attractions and ensuring our stay was perfect! We also loved to paddle & hike, swim, enjoy beautiful views and sometimes just relax. Lake Baptiste offers plenty of each.”
“Peaceful moments overlooking the lake, the mist rising, the sun peeking over the hilltops. Gentle waters rippling through the trees below. Visits by “Charlie” the chipmunk and “Lonely” the loon. The cozy comforts of the cottage – each piece of furniture or knick-knack could tell a story. We love the gentleness of this place. You have a treasure here.”
“Thanks Janice. Our third visit was our best yet. Perfect weather, loons, herons, humming birds and fish! Can’t think of a better place on earth to isolate and hunker down during this covid madness. Thanks again.”
“Our family loved everything about your cottage. The “home” feeling you get inside the cottage is exactly what we were looking for. The dock, lake and firepit are all amazing and allowed us to create great memories! Your cottage is beautiful and well cared for. Thank you for all the personal touches!”
“I visited your cottage with a group of girlfriends. What we had was so special. Mom’s and ladies getting away to be together in friendship and relaxation. We slept in, stayed up, swam, danced, ate and so much more. Your place is cozy and quiet and perfect for restoration. The setting is inspiring…what a beautiful place.”
Rents: May, June, July, August, September, & October
We DO NOT charge booking fees, service fees, or management fees on top of our rates.
There is a Cleaning Fee.
July & August Summer Weeks
(June 29 to September 7)
Rents Full Weeks ONLY
Summer Shoulder Weeks
(June 22 - 29): $2,950 / Week
(September 7 - 14): $3,150 / Wk
(May 12 - 17 & May 20 – 31)
$275 / Week Night & $350 / Weekend Night
$2000 / Week
(June 1 – 22)
$325 / Week Night & $425 / Weekend Night
$2400 / Week
(September 14 - 21 & September 21 – 28)
$2900 / Week
Rents Full Weeks ONLY
(Septe,ber 28 - October 11 & October 14 – 20)
$315 / Week Night & $395 / Weekend Night
$2300 / Week
Victoria Day / Thanksgiving Day Long Weekends
(May 17 - 20 & October 11 – 14)
$1,495 / 3 Day Long Weekend
Partial Weeks also Available in May, June, and October.
Weekday & Weekend Rates Vary By Month.
DISCOUNT AVAILABLE for booking multiple weeks in May, June, September, or October
Please CONTACT US for partial week rates, for questions, and to book.
Weekly Rental is from Saturday to Saturday in "July, August, & September"!
Check-in is 4 PM and Check-out is 11 AM
Sleeps up to 8 people
Security Deposit Required
Internet (WiFi) Included
July & August: full weeks ONLY.
May, June, September, & October: full weeks and partial weeks available (3 night minimum)
Please CONTACT US for partial week rates, for questions, and to book.
Inquiries for booking the following year are also welcomed.